Shipping exceptions are used to override the base shipping rules set within the partner portal on a per product basis. In Aerodrome, there are two different ways to modify shipping exceptions, and both of the following methods are accessed via the Product Catalog.
The second method is to use a bulk operation from the Product Catalog. From within the product catalog manager:
- Select the products you want to add an exception for by checking the checkbox within the far left column in the product grid.
- Click the "Bulk Action" button, and select "Add Shipping Exceptions"
You will now see the shipping exception manager window appear. If any of the selected products had shipping exceptions configured, you will see them
all appear within this grid. Any exceptions visible within the grid will be applied to each of the selected products.
Note: Products may have conflicting exceptions configured. If this is the case, you can either edit or delete the exceptions directly in the bulk interface.
Within the shipping exceptions grid, you will find the following columns:
- "Fulfillment Node" â Shipping exceptions are configured on a per-fulfillment node basis, meaning the product can have separate shipping rules set for each configured fulfillment node.
- "Method" â A general shipping method to override. This cannot be used with Service Level.
- "Level" â The service level to override. If you have configured shipping by level in the Jet partner portal, then you would select the level here instead of using Method
"Exception" â The shipping exception type:
- Exclusive â The product should only be shipped using the shipping method or shipping level specified. There can only be one exclusive shipping method per fulfillment node.
- Restricted â The product cannot be shipped using the shipping method or shipping level provided.
"Charge" â Based on the value of the "Override" column, this amount is:
- "Additional Charge" â The amount added to the default shipping charge
- "Override Charge" â The total amount charged for shipping
"Override" â Modifies the behavior of "Charge"
- "Additional Charge" â A charge that is added to the default shipping charge.
- "Override Charge" â A charge that overrides the default shipping charge.
For any product that always ships freight, please set up a shipping exception by selecting a freight service method or level.
Instead of the "Freight" method, the following service_level values will display different fulfillment expectations to customers at checkout:
- Scheduled (freight) -- will display freight delivery with 5 to 10 day delivery expectation
- Scheduled (freight 11 to 20 day) -- will display freight delivery with 11 to 20 day delivery expectation
- 5 to 10 Day -- will display ground delivery with 5 to 10 Day delivery expectation
- 11 to 20 Day -- will display ground delivery with 11 to 20 Day delivery expectation
Adding Free Shipping
Adding free shipping isn't very straightforward, and must be configured as a shipping exception on a per-product basis.
- Select the fulfillment node the product will ship from. (This will only affect a single node. If the product has inventory in multiple nodes, you would need to set up an exception for each node individually)
- Do not set "Method"
- Set "Level" to the level you wish to offer for free
- Set "Exception" to "exclusive"
- Set "Charge" to zero
- Set "Override" to "Override Charge"
- Must set a shipping method OR a shipping level
- Both override type and charge amount are required when exception is not set to "Restricted"
- Restricted exceptions must be associated with methods that are enabled by the merchant at the fulfillment node
- A merchant cannot restrict all methods at a fulfillment node
- If an Exclusive exception is specified at a node, then no other exception cannot be listed at that same fulfillment node
Main Window & Dashboard