Shipping an Order
The final order processing step is to actually ship the order. Thankfully, Aerodrome comes with a handy dandy shipment manager! (Fig.1)
To open the create shipment dialog, click the "Ship Order" button for any acknowledged order. See Orders Ready to Ship for more information.
Shipment Manager Breakdown
Orders can be broken down into multiple shipments, and shipments are contained within the shipment drop down. Selecting a shipment from the shipments drop down will show the editable details for the shipment within the text boxes to the right (See point 4).
When creating multiple shipments, the order items must be assigned to the corresponding shipment. See points 4 and 5 for instruction. Please note that line items cannot be split between multiple shipments at this time.
If you are sending a single shipment, you don't need to do anything. The shipment dialog will initially contain a single shipment by default.
A new shipment can be created by clicking the + (plus) icon. The new shipment will be available within the shipment drop down.
To remove a shipment:
- Select the shipment within the shipment drop down (See point 1).
- Click the â (minus) icon.
Each shipment within the shipment drop down contains various details about said shipment. When selecting a shipment from the drop down, the following fields will be updated to show the selected shipment's details. All of the fields are required for each shipment.
- "Alt Shipment Id" â A unique shipment Id assigned by the merchant's system.
- "Tracking No" â The carrier-supplied tracking number for the selected shipment
- "Ship From Zip" â The originating zip code for the selected shipment
- "Redirect To" â If for some reason the shipment is originating from a different fulfillment node than the one attached to the order being shipped, that different node can be selected here.
- "Zero" â When redirecting the shipment to a different fulfillment node, a typical reason is that the original node did not have enough or any inventory to cover the order. If that is the case, the inventory at the original node can be zeroed by checking the "Zero" option after selecting a different fulfillment node.
- "Carrier" â The carrier that will be handling the shipment.
- "Method" â The shipping method used with the selected carrier.
- "Pickup Date" â When the shipment is going to be picked up by the carrier
- "Delivery Date" â When the carrier is reporting the shipment will arrive at the customer's address.
Bulk actions are applied to checked items within the order items grid. There is a check icon to the left of the Bulk Actions button that when clicked will show a menu for bulk checking rows. The bulk operations are as follows:
- "Add to Shipment" â Adds the checked items to the selected shipment within the shipment drop down.
- "Clone RMA" â Each checked row will have the RMA number set to the selected row's (highlighted) RMA number.
- "Clone Return Location" â Each checked row will have the return location set to the selected row's (highlighted) return location.
- "Cancel" â Sets the shipped quantity to zero and cancelled quantity to the amount requested for each checked row. This tells Jet that the merchant is not able to ship the specified line item.
Assigning Items to Shipments
Each line item must be assigned to exactly one shipment (See points 1 and 2 for creating shipments). Clicking a shipment cell within the shipment column will open a drop down box for selecting a shipment. The item will be assigned to whatever shipment is selected.
Each item contains two quantity values: "Ship Qty" and "Cancel Qty". Ship Quantity is the quantity of the item being shipped, and Cancel Quantity is the quantity of items not being shipped. These two properties are inversely related, and Aerodrome will ensure that the quantity values are always valid.
To completely cancel a line item, simply set "Ship Qty" to zero.
If your system requires you to assign an RMA number, add that value to the "RMA Number" column for each item.
If an item must be returned to different location that the one specified by the originating fulfillment node, select that location here. Return nodes are configured within your Jet Partner Portal, and must also be added to Aerodrome under Return Node Settings within the main application menu.
Once you have finished creating shipments, click the "Ship Order" button to submit this order to Jet. If there are any problems with your shipment, you will be notified prior to the shipment dialog being closed.
If you don't want to ship the order, click the "Cancel" button.
- "Selection" â Used for bulk actions. Check any rows and select an action from the "Bulk Action" menu above the grid.
- "Shipment" â The shipment the line item is assigned. The line item must appear within the specified shipment container.
- "Merchant Sku" â The sku of the line item.
- "Item Id" â The Jet-defined item Id.
- "Alt Item Id" â An optional alternate Id assigned by the merchant's system.
- "Ship Qty" â The quantity of the line item being shipped
- "Cancel Qty" â The quantity of the line item not being shipped
- "Days" â The number of days after the delivery date the customer has to return the item.
- "RMA Number" â An optional RMA number assigned by the merchant's system
- "Return Location" â The fulfillment node used for returning the item.
The Line Items Grid
The requested items within the order appear as line items within the grid. Each item is listed with the requested and cancelled quantities, and other items. The column definitions are as follows:
Main Window & Dashboard