Handling Returned Orders
If a customer decides to return an item, the order manager will list the return under the "Returns" section. Clicking the "Returns" button in the order manager header will list any returns that require the merchant's attention. See the Order Manager Overview for more information.
When selecting a return within the order manager, the "Return Information" panel within the sidebar will appear. The panel contains all of the information about the return, and provides a button for completeting the return.
Return Information Panel Breakdown
Process Refund Button
Clicking the "Process Refund" button will open the Return Manager Dialog, which is used for completing the refund request.
Return Detail Selector
A return request is not necessarily the items as ordered, nor must there only be a single return for an order. Customers may return as much or as little of an order as required, and may file multiple refund requests for different items within the same order. If there are multiple returns for the selected order, they will appear in this drop down box. Selecting a return from this list will update the rest of the return information panel to show details for the selected refund. Additionally the "Process Refund" button will operate only on the selected return request.
Selected Return Details
This section contains the following:
- Return Status â The current status of the return
- Refund Without Return â This will be set to "Yes" if Jet has determined that a refund should occur without the item being returned
- Paid to Jet â The amount paid to Jet for processing the return
- Returned To â If the item(s) were returned to a different location than the address specified by the order, it is listed here.
- Feedback â Once the return has been completed, merchant feedback will appear here.
Return Shipment Detail
When Jet is paying for the return shipping label, carrier and tracking information will appear in this section.
- Return Date â The date the return shipping label was prepared
- Shipping Carrier â The return shipping carrier as chosen by Jet
- Tracking Number â The return shipment tracking number
Return Reference Numbers
This section contains various identifiers generated by Jet for the selected return.
- Reference Order Id â Jet's human readable order identifier
- Return Auth Id â Jet's machine readable return authorization identifier
- Reference Auth Id â Jet's human readable return authorization number
Returned Items Detail
The items contained within the return shipment are listed within the grid, and contains the following columns:
- Sku â The merchant sku
- Reason â The customer-defined reason for the return
- Qty â The quantity of the item shipped
- Amount â The refund amount requested for the item
- Returned â The quantity of the item returned
- Refunded â Once the refund has been completed, this will contain the quantity of the item refunded by the merchant.
- Refund â Once the refund has been competed, this will contain the amount refunded by the merchant for the line item.
Each line item within the return contains additional details that may be accessed by selecting the desired row within the returned items grid. Selected item information is detailed in points 7-9.
Selected Item Detail
Contains information about the selected item in the returned items grid
- Order Item Id â The Jet-defined unique identifier for the item within the order
- Alt Order Item Id â An optional merchant-defined order item id
- Feedback â Once the return has been completed, this will contain merchant supplied feedback about the returned item
- Notes â Once the return has been completed, this contains merchant supplied notes about the returned item
This sections contains a price breakdown for the requested refund amount for the selected item.
- Principal â The requested refund amount for the selected item (plus tax if applicable)
- Shipping â The requested refund amount for shipping for the the selected item (plus tax if applicable)
- Total â The total requested refund amount for the selected item
This section contains a price breakdown for the amount refunded by the merchant for the selected item.
- Principal â The amount refunded by the merchant for the selected item (plus tax if applicable)
- Shipping â The amount refunded by the merchant for shipping for the the selected item (plus tax if applicable)
- Total â The total amount refunded by the merchant for the selected item
Once a return has been completed, the return information panel will appear similar to Fig. 2.
Main Window & Dashboard